Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Day of Rally Business

As you saw from my earlier email, we had a rider meeting about media and publicity. You saw the end result. Sorry if it was heavy handed or hurtful. I just wanted to be absolutely clear about the rules and the consequences to me for breaking them.

In happier news, today was a long but productive day. I started at 7:30 AM, moving my bike to the tech inspection area. I was the 4th bike there. By the end of the day all 107 bikes had been through. Tech was uneventful, as was the odometer check. Tom Austin's report yesterday overdramatized the difficulty of that ride.

Then there were a series of other lines to stand in: Registration, camera check, video deposition, DVD biography filming, and two seminars. My final certification and official handshake from Mike Kneebone happened at about 5:30 PM. I never had lunch.

There was an informal dinner at 6, but I opted out. I just needed some quiet time. Ordered room service and watched TV in the room. Then I started getting organized for tomorrow. Went down to the bike to fetch some stuff, and ended up spending an hour or two kicking tires in the garage and then the bar (O'Douls.) Tomorrow I have no obligations until 2 PM, the first of two rider meetings. I may go for a ride earlier, just to clear my head and get centered.

Game On.

No comments: