Monday, April 20, 2009

Project Update

As mentioned below, I took off the major bodywork on the front of the bike to take care of some lighting upgrades. My nose cone now houses four ballasts for HID lights. They are really shoehorned in, and I honestly think I may be taking a risk with longevity. All they need to last is about 14,000 miles in the hottest part of summer. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll post some more shots when it's all back together and I can light 'em up in the dark.

Here's a shot of the inside of the nose cone. Low beam ballasts are on the left attached to the exterior of the glove box. High beam ballasts are in the center between the factory light assemblies.



This is a shot taken during testing. The new low beams work!



All major electrical work is now complete. I made a schematic which I will laminate and bring with me. Now I can forget how everything is wired and use that brain space for rally business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the site, it looks wonderful. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to check often