Monday, August 04, 2008

Day 3
Meeting at the Airport

Yesterday's long ride was worth it, because today I was able to make it to the airport just in time to greet the girls. It worked out perfectly. I got parked in the special motorcycle lot, got my gear off and locked to the bike, and walked into the terminal. Just then I spotted everyone coming out of baggage claim. Claire saw me and shouted, "Daddy!," and ran to me with a big hug. It was just like a scene from a movie, with the desired tear-welling effect. Grandma Cole and Aunt Cathy were there too, and it was a welcome reunion.

I'm spending the next few days in relaxation mode here in Des Moines. Bike-wise I have the tire change tomorrow, and a few minor tweaks. The blog is going dark until Wednesday at the Spank check-in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer...good to hear your summer
news thanks for including us.
We have been to scottdale and tahoe
Just sent 2 belguim girls back home
after a 3 week visit! The summer
has been full with more houseguests
this weekend! Have a Blast, pursuing your passion! Deb & KG.

Anonymous said...

Get in as much rest as you can, Jerry. You're probably going to need it.

Good luck, man!

Joe Zulaski