Friday, June 13, 2008

Cal24 Prelude

I'm at the Cal24 rally HQ in Dunnigan, CA. The rider meeting starts in about an hour. I've been here since before noon, and it's been a pleasant, if hot, afternoon. I've been seeing old friends, saying hi to familiar faces from past rallies, and meeting new friends. I finished the odometer check with a reading of exactly 99,000 miles. This means my bike will be rolling over to 100,000 during the course of the rally. Hopefully I'll keep my wits about me and stop for a photo when it happens. Most likely that occur after sunrise Sunday morning. The rallymaster is Mark Crane, which means we should be on some very twisty roads over the next 24 hours. Yipee!! They're not passing out the bonus packs until tomorrow morning, so that should mean a good night's sleep tonight. I'll try to use the audio blog a little during the rally. Wish me luck!

No comments: