Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cal 24

Update: I finished 7th! Ride report here.

This weekend is the Cal 24 endurance rally. It will be my fifth Cal 24. It was my very first rally in 2003. I showed up in Antioch that year not knowing a soul, or knowing very much at all about rallying. If you had told me then that in 2009 most of my friends would be LD riders and that I'd be riding in the Iron Butt Rally, I would have said you were crazy. Now it's me who's crazy - crazy for this stuff!!

I've replaced my Star-Traxx satellite tracker with a new one called SPOT. You can track my progress during the rally (7AM Saturday to 7AM Sunday) at THIS LINK.

Or you can click over on the right where it says Where Am I Now? to see the SPOT reports before and after the rally.

I may leave some audio blogs here during the rally, so check back on Saturday.

1 comment:

LDRydr said...

Go Jerry! I'll be rooting for you (and wishing I was riding).